Self Appraisal: A Motivational Story About Confidence, Dreams, and Aim

Self Appraisal – A Short Motivational Story About Confidence and Growth

A little boy walked to a telephone booth near the store's cash counter and dialed a number. The store owner nearby listened curiously to the conversation.

The Conversation

Boy: “Lady, can you give me the job of cutting your lawn?”

Woman: “I already have someone to cut my lawn.”

Boy: “Lady, I will cut your lawn for half the price the person charges now.”

Woman: “I am very satisfied with the person who is presently cutting my lawn.”

Boy: “I’ll even sweep the floors and stairs of your house for free.”

Woman: “No, thank you.”

The little boy smiled and gently replaced the receiver.

The Real Surprise
The Meaning of Self Appraisal

The store owner, impressed by the boy’s attitude and determination, walked up to him.

Store Owner: “Son, I like your positive spirit. I would like to offer you a job.”

Boy: “No, thanks.”

Store Owner: “But you were trying so hard to get one.”

Boy: “No, sir. I was only checking my performance at the job I already have. I am the person working for that lady.”

Moral of the Story

  • Self-appraisal leads to self-improvement.
  • Honest self-evaluation is the key to growth.
  • Confidence comes from knowing your own value.
  • Success begins when you start improving yourself daily.

Thought of the Day

An Aim requires sleepless efforts to achieve.

This short motivational story teaches the true meaning of self-appraisal. Successful people do not wait for others to evaluate them. They regularly examine their own work, improve their skills, and look for ways to grow better every day.

Self-evaluation builds confidence, responsibility, and personal growth. It helps us understand where we stand and what we must improve to achieve success in life.

The difference between Dream and Aim:

A Dream requires sound sleep to see.

Related Posts

Comments

⭐ Trending This Month

Why Certain Numbers Are Considered Lucky or Unlucky Around the World

Why Do Certain Smells Instantly Trigger Childhood Memories? The Strange Science Behind “Time Travel” Through Scent

Why Is Second Saturday a Holiday? History, Religion, and the Origin of Work-Life Balance Tradition

Why Good Developers Still Struggle to Get Interviews

Why Do We Fear Being Judged by Others? The Psychology Behind Social Anxiety and Self-Consciousness

How Colors Affect Mood: The Psychology Behind the Colors We See Every Day

Origins and History of Common Superstitions Around the World

Why Do We Get Déjà Vu? The Psychology Behind the Strange Feeling of “I’ve Been Here Before”

Why Do We Struggle to Stick to Habits Even When We Want To? The Hidden Psychology Behind Breaking Good Habits

Why Do We Imagine Worst-Case Scenarios That Never Happen? The Psychology Behind Your Brain's False Alarms